Okay okay, hear me out on this one because that title hurt me to write.
Yesterday, news broke that Dak was offered a 5 year 175 million dollar contract. This came out after his battle with the Cowboys.
I think the 175 is fair. It seems like a huge number off the batt, but it really only breaks down to 35 a year and he has some stats to add his to value.
Fact. Dak hasn’t had a losing season (take that as you will), he has been to 2 pro-bowls, and the Cowboys are building around him.
Dak isn’t that bad either! He’s not great, but he’s good. Dak is extremely average. He will win you more games than he will lose you.
They have been stockpiling weapons for the young QB. They got Dak and Zeke in the same draft, they traded for Cooper, and drafted CeeDee Lamb.
There was a wealth of QB ability in this years draft. If they didn’t believe in him, don’t you think that they would’ve drafted his replacement?
If they want Dak long term, they should give him a solid contract with big money towards the end. The QB value is only going up, especially after Mahomes sets a new bar.
Both sides need to be smart with how they are approaching this (duh). Dak shouldn’t overvalue himself. Dak, you aren’t worth 45 a year right now. Dallas, you have a good young QB. Get him a good QB coach and you’ll see better production out of the man under center.
- First Look at the Reverse RetrosSome look insane, and some didn’t change at all. I knew the potential was there from the start but these types of projects always seem to come out looking like shit. While a couple teams were given a subpar sweater (yes I’m talking about the devils…) that being said, there … Continue reading First Look at the Reverse Retros
- Top Three Sports Moments This Year.This is strictly a matter of opinion and would love to see what your top three sports moments this year are as well. You have nothing to worry about in this being a biased article because my teams (not only this year) but over the past decade have been complete … Continue reading Top Three Sports Moments This Year.
- The Patriots are Rebuilding and FailingPatriots nation, the trade deadline has come and gone and all the Patriots have to show for it is Isaiah Ford. They have failed you. It was rumored that the Patriots would be sellers at the draft; all signs pointed to Gilmore being traded after he listed his house and … Continue reading The Patriots are Rebuilding and Failing
- Didn’t Even Watch …Was out in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for the weekend running down trails on the mountain bike so for the first time in the past 25 years I didn’t watch a single snap of the Jets game. For the foreseeable future I will not be tuning in to this dumpster … Continue reading Didn’t Even Watch …
- A Much, Much Darker “Same Old Jets”Well…Here we are again. Not three days since my last blog about the dreaded Jets. While the last topic on the Jets testing positive for Covid-19 and having the game against The Cardinals get postponed (Yes as stated in my last blog, I did in fact hammer the Cardinals -7) … Continue reading A Much, Much Darker “Same Old Jets”